CHICKEN WITH GREEN OLIVES
1 medium-sized chicken, cut in portions
1/2 cup olive oil
1 onion, sliced, & 1 clove of garlic
3/4 cup white wine
1 cube of chicken stock & 1 cup water
salt – pepper
oregano – laurel leaves
3-4 peppers, sliced and sautéed
1 can of mushrooms, slightly sautéed
2 cups sauce & 1 cup tomato puree
green olives (2 cups)
1. Sauté the chicken.
2. Add the onion and garlic.
3. When sautéed, pour in the wine.
4. Add the broth with the water.
5. Add the salt, pepper, oregano and 3-4 laurel leaves.
6. Leave to cook for about 15 minutes.
7. Remove from the cooking plate.
8. Place the chicken in a Pyrex or oven pan.
9. Place the peppers, mushrooms and sauce with tomato puree on top.
10. Allow to cook slowly for approx. 45 minutes.
11. Serve on a platter with the green olives.
You can also cook the chicken whole instead of in portions; in that case, you can place the olives INSIDE the chicken.
You can use the same recipe to make quails.